Version 1.5 is Out!
This release brings a new features and a lot of
improvements and bugfixes. We strongly recommend that users from old
versions take a look at the manuals to see details about what have
changed. There's also a migration procedure at the end of this page.
These are the most relevant changes:
The Toolbar was reorganized, to improve the access to some
important feature like the special explorers and the specialized
The Object View was redesigned, and its usability was
improved. Apart from using the Object View to create new
connections, you can also launch the wizard from any tree just
selecting two objects. The view must be launched from a tree or
search result, so you can have multiple object views open at the
The Connection Wizard was simplified and improved. You can use
templates and build complex containment structures with containers
(like Conduit ⇒ Tube ⇒ Buffer ⇒ Strand). You can
also edit (connect/disconnect) the endpoints of a physical link
at any moment.
The Rack View was redesigned. It now supports ascending and
descending rack unit numbering and the elements inside the rack
can be selected. The view also supports 0-RU elements, which
won't be rendered. The view must be launched from a tree or
search result, so you can have multiple rack views open at the
Support for unique and mandatory attributes.
Create multiple inventory objects in a single action,
using a custom naming pattern.
- There's a new Favorites module to avoid expanding the Navigation Tree to access the most frequently used objects.
- A new Projects module that allows you to create projects, activities and associate the inventory assets related to them.
- The User Manager was rewritten. Although the fine-grained privileges feature is still in development, the overall structure of the module was revamped and it's the foundation for the more complex auhentication and authorization capabilities to be enabled in coming releases.
- Better Relationships and Special Children explorers. Now you can also explore upwards in the containment hierarchy using the Relationships Explorer, as well as manipulate more easily the special children using the Special Children explorer (specially useful to edit the structure of physical containers). There's also a new graphical Relationships Explorer to undertand better how the objects are related each other according to the Data Model.
- You can now customize the color of connections in views (Object Views, SDH, MPLS, etc) using the color of the respective class as set in the Data Model Manager.
- You can access now the details of a list type using the "..." button next to the value in the Properties window, instead of having to open the List Type Manager to do it.
- Although it's the first version and you can expect improvements in coming releases, you can now create rules to enforce the compatibility of connectors in physical connections. For example, you can now configure that OpticalLinks with a given connector type can only be connected to OpticalPorts with a compatible connector.
- The client can now be updated using an Update Center, instead of installing it from scratch every time an update is available.
- In this version you can add charts to the reports. The Reporting API was expanded, as well as the Persistence API.
- The client and server are licensed EPL/GPLv3 instead of EPL/GPLv2 to fully comply with third-party, open-source components.
- The Web Service API was vastly improved and extended.
- Many bug fixes and code clean up.
If you are upgrading from version 1.0, 1.1 or 1.1.1, you need to
run a couple patches before you can use version 1.5. Follow these
- Backup your database. Simply stop Glassfish and copy the database directory to a secure location. You could do this without stopping Glassfish, but some transactions might be lost if there are users still logged in.
- Undeploy the old version from Glassfish. You can do this using the command line
Or using the web console:
- Deploy the new version as you did with your old version.
- Go to
http://localhost:8080/kuwaiba and click on Apply Patches.
- Select the all the 1.1.1 -> 1.5 patches and click on Apply.
We are eager to hear your thoughts on the new version! The install bundle also contains the manuals. Download it from here and leave your comments using our community channels.